The facilities of the Stämpfli Foundation will pass from the current 300 square meters to more than 800, thanks to the incorporation of a new building, which allows it to gain dimensions, expand the exhibition spaces and provide more visibility to its collection, that exceeds one hundred works. The expansion will allow us to move from the three existing rooms to seven in a building equipped with the most modern systems of conservation, storage and exhibition. Last Friday, the Stämpfli couple showed the result to the mayor of Sitges, Miquel Forns, the councilors Aurora Carbonell and Rosa Tubau, and other personalities of the cultural and economic world of Sitges.
The works to expand the facilities are practically finished. The work and the installation are already finished and the signaling and acclimatization tasks are being carried out at the moment. Next September, the Foundation will convene an open – door visit to show the result of the enlargement and the works of adaptation and accessibility. The inauguration of the new ensemble, with the works placed, is planned for the end of September, this year.
The enlargement has been possible thanks to the acquisition of the building number 5 of Carrer d’en Bosc, which has been connected to the current facilities of the Fish Market and Can Mec, configuring a continuous architectural and circuit . The new building, which dates back to 1890, has been completely renovated, preserving and consolidating the façade, which is protected as legacy. With the works, a terrace at the top has also been earned, which will be adapted to carry out events linked to the Foundation. The work has been done by architects Josep Maria Coll and Eugeni Bernat commissioned by the Stämpfli Foundation.
The collection of the Stämpfli Foundation is made up of a hundred works by more than sixty artists of different nationalities. In all cases, donations are made to the Foundation by the same artists, their heirs or gallery owners.