The new facilities of the Stämpfli Foundation are ready. Last Saturday, the couple formed by Pere and Anna Maria offered an open session to show the result of the work of enlargement, which allowed to move from the 300 square meters that had so far, to the 800 square meters now, which has won with the incorporation of new building The rooms with the works placed on site will be opened in early 2019.
The extension of the Stämpfli Foundation allows visitors to move from the three rooms to seven, which will be used for the presentation of the permanent collection and monographic exhibitions. The performance has also made it possible to earn a room for the reservation, a space for bibliographic documentation linked to the artists of the Foundation and a general improvement of accesses and services. In addition, the operation of the Foundation also allows to add the auditorium of Can Mec (Espai Cultural Pere Stämpfli) for events and presentations.
The enlargement has been made possible thanks to the acquisition of the building number 5 of Carrer d’en Bosc, dated 1890, with a careful intervention that has preserved and consolidated the façade, which is protected as part of the architectural legacy. The work has been carried out by architects Josep Maria Coll and Eugeni Bernat commissioned by the Stämpfli Foundation.
The new building has been connected to the current facilities of the Mercat del Peix and Can Mec as adjacent spaces. Access is maintained through the Town Hall square, in order to provide continuity to the visiting circuits. The terrace of the new building has adapted and restored a space for celebrations and the realization of events linked to the Foundation.